Tag: noble gases
Showing the single result
Ion: A Compound Building Game$19.99Add to cart
Rodger recommends using Ion for introducing interactions between elements, specifically ions. It uses just a few ions to show students how they can bond together. Through game play it will give students a more concrete understanding of how compounds can form. Game play is simple and quick and can play up to seven students!
-Rodger, Retired Science Teacher
Our “Resources Included” tags indicate supplemental Board Gaming with Education resources for your classroom or at-home learning with your purchase.
Ion is a card drafting game with no down time, where players select from a number of available ions and noble gases, with the goal of forming neutrally charged compounds or sets of noble gases. Players score additional points for creating compounds found on the goal cards each round.
Time: 20 to 30 minutes
“The science teachers in my school were just beside themselves. They just thought, ‘I did not know games could do this.” -Portal Gaming Podcast
See the Ideas for Using Ion in Class (PDF) below for more details about the number of players for your learning environment, length of time for various activities, and appropriate grade-level activities.
Downloadable Resources Included after purchasing Ion!
- Ion – Teacher Guide: Game Set Up & Gameplay Groups/Stations Activity (PDF)
- Ion – How-to-Play (PowerPoint)
- Ion – Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Ion – Vocabulary Matrix (PDF)
- Ion – Custom Score Sheet
- All of our games resources include our “Let the Dice Roll” Supplemental Questions Activity (PDF)
- Ion – At-Home Learning Guide (PDF)
- Some materials included in the classroom resources can also be used for at-home learning