Showing all 2 results
Cartographers: A Roll Player Tale$24.95Add to cart
In Cartographers, players compete to get the highest reputation at the end of four seasons. Each season, players draw on their map sheet and score against unique conditions at the end of the season. The player with the highest reputation at the end of the year is declared the winner.
Players: 1 – 100
Time: 30 – 45 minutes
Nature Fluxx$15.99Add to cart
Rodger recommends using Nature Fluxx to introduce students to ecology. It can give you an idea as to what students may already understand about the environment. The game plays quickly and will introduce them to ideas and vocabulary they will encounter during your study of ecology!
Rodger, Retired Science Teacher
In the wild, you must adapt to survive! Will you win by having your Bears Eat Fish? Or will someone change the Goal so that their Frogs and Insects can make Night Music? Play ecology themed Actions and Rules like Scavenger or Composting, but watch out for Creeper cards like Forest Fire, that can hurt everyone! Discover a little about how things go together, with Nature Fluxx – the nature game of ever-changing rules!
Time: 10 to 40 minutes
- Special “Eats” Goals help demonstrate food-web connections
- Nature Fluxx helps students develop & reinforce the understanding of the National Life Science Content Standards for both levels 5-8 and 9-12
- Ideas for using Nature Fluxx in class! (PDF)
- Overview of standards and vocabulary for Nature Fluxx! (PDF)
Downloadable Resources Included after purchasing Nature Fluxx!
- Nature Fluxx – Teacher and Student How to Play Handout: Game Set Up & Gameplay Groups/Stations Activity (PDF)
- Nature Fluxx – Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Nature Fluxx – Vocabulary Matrix (PDF)
- Nature Fluxx – Create Your Own Cards (PDF)
- Nature Fluxx – Comprehension Handout (PDF)
- All of our games resources include our “Let the Dice Roll” Supplemental Questions Activity (PDF)
- Nature Fluxx – At-Home Learning Guide (PDF)
- Some materials included in the classroom resources can also be used for at-home learning
*Resources available in other formats including Microsoft Word upon request.