ABOUT BGE’S TABLETOP
We started as a podcast titled Board Gaming with Education in 2018. Since then, we have an established online presence in the tabletop gaming community and run an eCommerce store through our website boardgamingwitheducation.com. Over the past year, we have hosted several popup events in preparation for opening our tabletop gaming store– “BGE’s Tabletop”– in the San Fernando Valley. We are currently planning to operate a mall kiosk in the Northridge Fashion Center Mall and are looking for amazing gamers (or non-gamers interested in becoming gamers 🙂 ) to help us with a successful holiday season.
You can find more information about Board Gaming with Education at: https://www.boardgamingwitheducation.com
And more information about BGE’s Tabletop here (coming soon): https://www.bgetabletop.com
WHY WORK FOR US?
- We’re a new tabletop gaming community and eCommerce store in the San Fernando Valley area, and we have a passion for sharing the positive benefits of tabletop gaming.
- Consideration for a position in the future when our brick-and-mortar store is established.
- We’re a game store! The owner, Dustin, believes in the power of play and having fun.
- Employee discounts on select items in our store.
SALES CLERK – ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a sales clerk to help with running an RMU (aka mall kiosk) at the Northridge Fashion Center. You will be responsible for the following:
- Operate all of the systems, tools, and devices used within the store, including operating the point-of-sale (POS) station.
- Handle cash and provide accurate change to customers.
- Create and be responsible for a welcoming environment for all customers and persons who interact with the store and BGE’s Tabletop brand.
- Be comfortable working and operating the kiosk on your own.
- Be on your feet for shifts lasting up to 10 hours at a time with reasonable accommodation. Note: for part-time positions most shifts will be no longer than 4.5 hours.
- Performs light cleaning tasks and duties at the kiosk including organizing shelves, display stands, and ensuring the kiosk is operating with cleanliness.
- Provides prompt and efficient responses to Customers at all times. Responds to Customer Service calls immediately. Handles all Customer issues in a courteous and helpful way.
- Deals with issues, challenges, and problems as they arise and follows steps needed to resolve any issue related to the customer experience.
- A general understanding of the tabletop gaming hobby or willingness to learn.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Loves and understands the tabletop gaming hobby.
- Has drive and an entrepreneurial mindset to show initiative and willingness to learn.
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results.
- Looking for an opportunity to grow with a new company
- Willingness to learn about different aspects of the company and its operations.
- Shows initiative and creativity in problem solving and growing our community and store.
DETAILS ABOUT THE POSITION
- Availability to work every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00 PM to 6:30 PM from 11/2 through 12/30 with Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve off.
- Work a total of 9 hours per week from 11/2 to 12/30. There may be potential to work additional hours based on business needs.
- Available for one 4-hour training shift on 10/29, 10/30, 10/31, or 11/1.
- Open availability from 12/3 to 12/5. We will be exhibiting at LA Comic Con and we will need additional help these three days.
- Pay is hourly at $16 an hour.
Please submit your resume and two references (name and phone number) to the email email@example.com. Please write “Part-Time Seasonal Sales Clerk” in the subject line of your email.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Staats Education LLC/BGE’s Tabletop is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Staats Education LLC/BGE’s Tabletop is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.